New Article: LEARN 7 SECRETS TO MARKETING
A new article has been posted on our blog by Blogs InvolutionDigital:
Talk about the best of the best, Las Vegas knows how to market! Did you know that Las Vegas is one of the top 5 brands in the world? When it comes to Search Engine Optimization (SEO), if Las Vegas is in the title, it skyrockets by 5x’s! Vegas.com bills over 100 million dollars a year. The Greenspun family owns newspapers and magazines and are one of the most powerful families in the city. They understand that the real money is in the 35 million plus visitors a year. There Vegas.com site alone bills more than all of radio and The Las Vegas Review Journal put together, and more than any TV station. A great example of Traditional Media focusing on their customer and not their brand extension.
So what makes Vegas so popular? Let’s take a look at 7 secrets to their marketing plan.
The Lucky 7
1. Trafﬁc: It’s called “Butts in Beds”. There are 5 primary corporations that own the majority of the Hotel/Casino’s in the entire town. They work with the Las Vegas Convention Center and Las Vegas Events. Pat Christensen is the President of Las Vegas Events. He meets with the Big 7 leaders in town once a month. They want conventions on M-F and weekend events for Entertainment. When asked how many conventions Las Vegas has gone after and lost? “None. Nobody can compete with the number of beds, rooms and accessibility to entertainment”. They have everything from CES, NASCAR, concerts, The National Rodeo Championship, NAB, World Series of Poker and more.
It’s a long, strategically targeted list meant to ﬁll up every bed, all week long, month after month.
2. Inbound Marketing: The most sophisticated Customer Loyalty programs are in Las Vegas. They reach their customers with frequent discount offers, VIP Status perks and much more. They know a lot about their customers; including of course, how much they spend and
Gamble. They use this information to offer them personalized, relevant deals and content that increase their chances exponentially that these hot “leads” will convert seamlessly into sales.
3. Traditional Marketing: “What Happens in Vegas stays in Vegas” R & R advertising campaigns frequently win awards for the some of the best creative in the country. If you haven’t seen the Cosmopolitan commercials on Traditional and Digital Media, you are missing one of the best campaigns ever created. SEM, SEO, PPC, Network Television, you name it, they have their bases covered. If you have an itch—they will scratch it.
4. Engagement: Once you check in at a hotel they have many tricks to keep you on the premises. First, they offer multiple restaurants, entertainment, spas, gyms, pools, nightclubs, everything you need is right at your feet . Much of it is comped if you are ‘whale” (a big gambler). Small- time gamblers can win comps by, you guessed it, playing more in the casino. It is intentionally and shrewdly designed. Whales get limo rides, tickets to any show, free suites, just about everything you could want. They also have night clubs and pools designed to attract the most beautiful women, in fact they pay them to show up. The casino ﬂoor is designed to attract you to spend your money on the most proﬁtable places for the Casinos-Slot Machines (“The One Arm Bandits”). There are no clocks on the wall, so you have no idea how long you’ve been playing. They pump in fresh oxygen, to keep you stimulated and stave off fatigue. No sunlight comes in, so you have the feeling it is always Spend o’clock.
5. Inventory Management: They have developed strategic pricing of rooms, restaurants and
shows. In the Vegas world, everything is for sale. They predict when it will be slow and then
ﬂood the market with offers. They know when it will be sold out and price accordingly. In fact, not only do they win when the town is sold out, they create scarcity with special shows…with small venues playing the most famous of bands. And if you are a whale, they always keep a few of the best suites on hand, along with front row seats to see the hottest bands, so when the town is sold out they can make you feel like a million dollars (and they will get you to spend 2 million for the privilege).
6. They know their audience: They understand it is an adult playground. It is estimated you will see 1000 sexual images between landing at the airport and arriving at your hotel. The airport has more advertising than most cities has billboards. It isn’t called Sin City by accident.
7. They deliver what their market wants: The big local money is all about Strip Clubs and Vice. Did you know Cab drivers get $40-$60 to drop you off at a Strip Club? You can call for a free limo pick up to go to some of the best Gentlemen’s clubs in Vegas. “The Man” is the bellhop who will hook you up with just about whatever you desire during your Vegas escapade. And you better believe that these enterprising young Bell Hops get tips from the high class Hookers and drug dealers. There are VIP hosts who set you up with Clubs, Pools, Hookers, Strippers, Drugs – anything and everything your sinning heart desires. Vegas does deliever (even right to your room). You will have the time of your life…and come back often. But you will leave will lighter pockets.
So you may be asking yourself, "how do I apply the marketing genius of Las Vegas to my brand strategy and have the same sort of success?" Well, that is where we can help you. Let’s talk about how your company can hit the jackpot with Involution Digital’s money making expertise. Contact us today and let’s get YOUR Dice rolling!
ARTICLE WRITTEN BY SARA GABRIELLA
This email was sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to unsubscribe from these notifications, click here.
San Francisco, CA